Negotiating your way through the minefield of building application and compliance scenarios is no easy feat. The odds are very high that every project will have a new twist that makes it unique and turns it into a real challenge, potentially hiding some expensive issues. Finishing on time and on budget was never more challenging.
Bridging the gap between construction and compliance is very important. That's where PowaGroup's Streamlined Compliance Support Solutions (SCSS) comes in.
Fire containment is not something to cut corners on, and compliance inspections are becoming more exacting. There are six important points to check off at the beginning:
- It is the right product.
- It is not over-specified.
- It meets Australian Standards.
- it is tested and has certification.
- It has all the required Certification.
- It is clear that the install method maintains compliance.
Who do you depend on to avoid costly reworks due to compliance failure? When you run your project through PowaGroup's Streamlined Compliance Support Solutions (SCSS) you can avoid these 12 pitfalls that sap the profitability from your project:
- Arguments around interpretations of what compliance means or looks like when involving Penetration of a Fire Resistance Level (FRL) Material.
- Non-contractual additional labour and material costs blowing out budget.
- Contractors or related Suppliers being unprepared or unable to give compliance documentation on time ( or no approved testing or compliance paperwork has been done.
- The right product was recommended, approved and used BUT was then installed incorrectly, and deemed non-compliant because of that.
- After installation, finding out this is the wrong product for the application.
- Products were specified that although complying with the BCA, they are impractical to use and / or slow and costly to install.
- Incompatibility between products and the building materials.
- Out of date compliance. Products once compliant, now being used with new materials that have not been retested for that installation, and so will not pass.
- Thermal and / or Acoustic Properties are not taken into consideration when making fire containment compliance decisions.
- Not consolidating many similar products from different suppliers, creating extremely complex unnecessary admin work for the fire compliance matrix register.
- Defects and non-compliance issued for installation or products, after the installation is complete.
- No "Go-to" company willing to co-ordinate all trades along with the builder in advance of problems and non-compliance, particularly for fire containment, hydraulic and mechanical plumbing and some electrical trades.
As part of the process of the SCSS when working with Builders, Plumbers, Mechanical Plumbers, Electricians, Fire consultants and other regulatory parties, PowaGroup have saved contractors or builders substantial amounts (in one case in excess of $65,000 in materials, labour cost and potential downtime charges) by averting a number of challenges prior to the install stage and supplying acceptable cost effective solutions and products that achieved compliance easily.
At PowAGroup we recognise that when you buy a product you not only need quality products at the right price but you must have all the accompanying certification with it, and have ongoing support that's prepared to work with the regulatory consultants on your behalf.
Powagroup fill a unique space in the industry, because we work for the contractor.
The builder wants the job completed at the contract price.
The consultant wants it done the way he's used to, in keeping with his interpretation of which products best suit the code.
There is often an alternative way, and we approach the question from the contractors position.
Powagroup have 15 years' experience in working with many consultants, contractors and builders across a huge spectrum of construction sites through many versions and iterations of Fire Compliance regulations in 3 states.
Building compliance and safety is very important, and so is your profitability. Passive Fire Containment is a highly specialised area. We can help you.